Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Gunmen injure man during Manchester home invasion
An apartment at 455 Lake Avenue was invaded by two men armed with handguns at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday, according to police.
Three residents of the second floor apartment, two men and a woman, were at home at the time of the attack. One man was chased from the apartment by the armed intruders, but police say they gave up the chase when the resident sought refuge in another apartment.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said that the target of the attack appeared to be a 32-year-old man who is the boyfriend of a woman who lives in the apartment. He suffered facial injuries but refused medical treatment.
The attack was a block away from the scene of a fatal shooting that investigators said was related to another home invasion.
In that attack on June 9, Michael Larocque Jr. of Derry was shot to death, allegedly after he kicked in the door to an apartment at 430 Lake Avenue.
No determination has been made on whether the shooting of Larocque was justified, according to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917