Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox
Hellickson (5-3) gave up two runs on seven hits with no walks, four strikeouts, two wild pitches and a balk.
Red Sox right-hander Ryan Dempster (4-8) went six innings, giving up three runs on eight hits and two walks with three strikeouts.
The Rays got on the scoreboard first with two runs in the first inning. Jennings hit a solo home run, his ninth of the season, with one out. Zobrist followed with a single, took third on Evan Longoria’s single and scored on James Loney’s sacrifice fly.
The Red Sox tied the score 2-2 in the fourth when Gomes’ single knocked in Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who had hit a two-out double.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use