Road to Recovery helps America's heroes
Registration and information packet pick-up is from 6:30 to 7:45 a.m.
The start and finish is at Gus' Bike Shop, 55 Lafayette Road, and there are two routes, 20 or 50 miles. Call 964-5445.
The cost is $75 per rider, $125 per family of two adults and no limit for the number of children. Teams of five or more are $60 per rider.
Honor Ride New Hampshire also celebrates the St. Paul School SPS Cyclists, a group of eight high school students who will have completed a 46-day, 3,400 mile ride from the West Coast to raise funds and awareness for Ride 2 Recovery.
Honor Rides are self-paced, non-competitive cycling events that raise awareness and funds for Ride 2 Recovery, a nonprofit organization that helps injured veterans improve their health and wellness through individual and group cycling programs at military bases and VA locations around the country.
The registration fee is tax-deductible.
Information can be found at beta.active.com/north-hampton-nh/cycling/honor-ride-sea-coast-north-hampton-nh-2013
To contribute to Honor Rides, go to www.active.com/donate/honorride2013
To contribute to the STS Cyclists, go to spscyclists2013.wix.com/sps-cyclists-2013#!donate/c1ghi
For more information, visit Ride2Recovery or follow us on Facebook or Twitter at @Ride_2_Recovery.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 34
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 12
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 28
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Stergios family has busy racing season - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us