VAMC hires 15 new mental health professionals
"I am proud of the hard work our staff has completed to bring these new staff members on board," said Susan A. MacKenzie, acting medical center director. "We are not slowing our efforts, however, and will continue to actively recruit for any vacant mental health positions for the future so veterans will get the care they need. Not only have we hired new mental health professionals but the Manchester VAMC has specialty areas related to Mental Health, such as Veterans Justice Outreach, Homeless Veterans Outreach, Military Sexual Trauma, Women's Wellness Group, just to name a few."
"Meeting this hiring milestone significantly enhances our ability to improve access to care for those veterans seeking mental health services and demonstrates our continued commitment to the health and well-being of the men and women who have served the nation," said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki. "Meeting this goal is an important achievement, but we recognize that we must continue to increase access to the quality mental health care Veterans have earned and deserve."
In 2012, more than 1.3 million veterans received specialized mental health care from the VA. This number has risen each year from 927,052 in 2006.
Mental health professionals interested in seeking employment with the Department of Veterans Affairs can obtain information at www.vacareers.va.gov. Veterans and their families interested in learning more about the mental health services provided by VA can go to www.mentalhealth.va.gov.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
- Meredith man gets McQuillen Award for service to vets - 0
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro to preserve Walter Healy's story - 0
- Auburn students get special visitor - 0
- Wounded warrior needs some help - 0
- VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize