Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone
The Cultural Series @ The Colonial Thursday series include “Cabaret-Berlin” at 7:30 p.m., July 11, and “My Sweet Canary” at 7:30 p.m., Aug. 29. The final film in the series, “Mahjong and Chicken Feet,” is at 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 27.
The ensemble presents Lan Tung on the erhu/Chinese violin, Yu-Chen on the zheng/Chinese zither, and Jonathan Bernard on percussion.
Tickets may be purchased at the door or at www.bethlehemcolonial.org/.
Ellen Fisch, longtime Bethlehem summer resident, returns Aug. 3 to present a new photography exhibit featuring architectural details of both the BHC Synagogue and Bethlehem’s Durrell Methodist Church.
On July 13, Hazzan Marlena Fuerstman will lead a coffee cake discussion following a shortened service. Fuerstman will also offer classes in Hebrew and on the prophets. Days and times will be set when participants sign up.
The Beit Sefer for students 5 to teenager reconvenes in August to welcome students for another six-week learning series. Bar/bat mitzvah training is offered upon request.
Visitors to North Country are always welcome to participate in any or all BHC’s religious services, programs, and events at our historic synagogue, 39 Strawberry Hill.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
- Rock Church presents Easter cantata - 0
- Pope tells Obama of concern for 'religious freedom' in the U.S. - 0
- Renovation complete at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Derry - 0
- Retired Melkite Bishop Elya to attend Lenten dinner - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Voices of gratitude, defiance at Boston bombing memorial - 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Collins named NHIAA director - 0
- Symetra Tour promo rained out - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers