Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone
The Cultural Series @ The Colonial Thursday series include “Cabaret-Berlin” at 7:30 p.m., July 11, and “My Sweet Canary” at 7:30 p.m., Aug. 29. The final film in the series, “Mahjong and Chicken Feet,” is at 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 27.
The ensemble presents Lan Tung on the erhu/Chinese violin, Yu-Chen on the zheng/Chinese zither, and Jonathan Bernard on percussion.
Tickets may be purchased at the door or at www.bethlehemcolonial.org/.
Ellen Fisch, longtime Bethlehem summer resident, returns Aug. 3 to present a new photography exhibit featuring architectural details of both the BHC Synagogue and Bethlehem’s Durrell Methodist Church.
On July 13, Hazzan Marlena Fuerstman will lead a coffee cake discussion following a shortened service. Fuerstman will also offer classes in Hebrew and on the prophets. Days and times will be set when participants sign up.
The Beit Sefer for students 5 to teenager reconvenes in August to welcome students for another six-week learning series. Bar/bat mitzvah training is offered upon request.
Visitors to North Country are always welcome to participate in any or all BHC’s religious services, programs, and events at our historic synagogue, 39 Strawberry Hill.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 17
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 3
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 6
- Electronic benefits: Sin and the EBT card - 2
- ‘Legislative cocaine:’ Gambling and state revenue - 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 14
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents