Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today
This event will take place today at the William B. Cashin Senior Activity Center from 5 to 7 p.m. and is expected to draw 300 attendees from the greater Manchester area.
The event will feature a photographic slideshow by Beck Fields of Field Work Photos, speeches by refugees from the Manchester community, a cultural attire show, a traditional Bhutanese dance, and Swahili singing.
“We’re excited to bring together and celebrate all the cultures that make Manchester so diverse. The refugee community looks forward to sharing their traditions with the entire Manchester community,” said Nasir Arush, site director of the International Institute of New Hampshire.
The International Institute of New England, a non-profit agency, invests in the strength and determination of new Americans and helps them create a solid foundation today for a brighter and more successful tomorrow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches