New Hampshire Religion News in Brief
BEDFORD — Bedford Presbyterian Church has been holding vacation church school programs for more than 30 years and this summer is no different.
Area children entering kindergarten through 6th grade are welcome to the program, held at the church, 4 Church Road, from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday, June 24-28.
There will be dancing, singing, crafting, playing games and building together in ways that help those attending
The cost is $15 per child with a $40 maximum per family. Contact the church office at 472-5841.
PORTSMOUTH — On Sunday, June 23, Christ Episcopal Church, 1035 Lafayette Road, will host an outdoor Eucharist and cookout.
The service will be at 11 a.m. in the shaded rear courtyard of the church.
Hamburgers, hot dogs and beverages will be provided.
For those who don’t come to the outdoor service, there will be a quiet celebration of the Holy Eucharist at Trinity Episcopal Church, 200 High St., Hampton, at 8:45 a.m.
CHESTER — Chester Congregational & Baptist Church invites children to attend a summer Vacation Bible School program called Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong for God.
The program is open to children ages preschool through entering 6th grade. Children will be involved in a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities including games, snack, crafts, music and singing, and Bible stories.
The church is located in the center town at 4 Chester St.
Independence Sunday at Ellsworth chapel
ELLSWORTH — The Chapel of St. John of the Mountains will celebrate Independence Sunday at 3 p.m. on June 30, under the direction of Pastor Ray Hahn.
All members of the Armed Forces — active, retired, veterans — will be recognized. The “Afterglow Fellowship” with refreshments will follow.
Call Pastor Ray Hahn at 536-4308 for information.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466