Home » News » Public Safety
Fire officials continue to investigate Litchfield blaze
Dwaine High, 55, was found dead May 30 after being located inside of a shed that was engulfed in flames. The shed, housed behind lot No. 26 at 31 Page Rd., was destroyed in the blaze, and two nearby mobile home units received smoke, heat and water damage.
“This part of the investigation does take a while, as we have to find out where he was and where he had been to create a proper timeline of events,” Farley said.
As of Friday, High’s autopsy results had not yet been completed, according to a spokesperson who answered the phone at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, who added it could take up to 12 weeks.
There was a small workshop area in the shed, which also stored a snowblower and other typical household lawn and garden tools.
Police Chief Joseph O’Brion said earlier that his department is assisting in the investigation, trying to determine if any foul play or criminal activity may have been involved. O’Brion is waiting until the cause of the fire is determined, along with the autopsy results, which he said will help guide the police-involved portion of the investigation.
High was listed as a registered sex offender in Hillsborough County. High, formerly of Newbury, was convicted of aggravated felonious sexual assault in 1991, and attempted felonious sexual assault in 1978, according to his criminal record.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'