Exeter High teachers’ resignations announced at school board meeting
At a meeting of the Exeter Region Cooperative School Board, Morgan said Mark Forbes and Tod Grossmith resigned their positions in the social studies department earlier this month. Their resignations followed the resignation of Robert Batchelder Jr., a social studies teacher who left in May.
No charges have been filed, but police continue to investigate.
During the investigation, the manuscript of a screenplay called “Graduation Crashers” was uncovered and is now part of the probe. The names of Batchelder, Forbes and Grossmith appear as the writers on the cover of the screenplay, which tells the story of a group of wild teachers from a school called Biltmore High School who crash graduation parties.
The screenplay has scenes that show teachers drinking, involved in sexual encounters with mothers of students and a college intern, and engaged in other questionable behavior.
There was no mention of the screenplay scandal at Tuesday’s meeting, and no members of the public spoke about the controversy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
- Lebanon College announces cancelation of fall classes - 0
- Robot 'Joe' will be student's eyes, ears in Bow fifth-grader's classroom - 2
- SNHU, NHIA set to merge, public still concerned - 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies