Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender
Defense lawyer Stephen White argued for a suspended sentence, claiming no law had been broken because the New Hampshire Bar Association identification number was not protected information like a social security number.
Bouraphael was being held at the Rockingham County jail last June 1, awaiting trial on drug charges, when he used a three-way call allegedly set up by his girlfriend to speak with inmate Jacob Palo about who else inside the jail owed them commissary, according to investigators.
A Rockingham County corrections officer later discovered Bouraphael’s call by reviewing recordings of outgoing jail calls.
A portion of Bouraphael’s phone call to the Merrimack County jail was played in court on Wednesday, demonstrating how he easily tricked two corrections officers.
Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino argued for a 2 to 4 year prison sentence, saying that others considering a similar ruse should be warned by Bouraphael’s punishment.
“Within a matter of minutes, he was on the phone with another inmate,” Zaino said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate - 0
- Ice storm threatens the region - 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 23
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424