Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy
David R. Ramsey, 68, formerly of 19 Depot Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in Rockingham County Superior Court for touching the 12-year-old boy during a sleepover at the home.
Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Wednesday that the victim was sleeping over Ramsey’s house sometime in October 2009 when he was groped twice.
The boy’s family was made aware of the incident the next day, but the matter wasn’t reported right away, according to prosecutors.
The plea deal allowed Ramsey to avoid a trial, and the prospect of a much longer state prison sentence. Had a jury convicted Ramsey, he could have faced up to 10 to 20 years in state prison for each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief