New England Nationals
For this weekend's New England Nationals, Epping is the center of the drag-racing world
"We've been meeting for almost a year about it. There will be kinks, but we'll just have to work them out as we go," he said.
According to the traffic plan, spectators traveling east on Route 101 will use Exit 8 in Brentwood and take a right into the dragway where they'll follow signs to parking areas. Those heading west on Route 101 will take Exit 9 in Exeter and turn right onto Route 27 (Epping Road) and proceed to the track where signs will direct them to parking locations.
Rooms at the Hampton Inn in nearby Exeter are sold out for Friday and Saturday.
"We started receiving calls last year at about the time they announced they were going to be doing the national race," said Amy Griswold, the hotel's director of sales.
After the Hampton Inn sold out, the hotel began recommending other hotels in the Portsmouth and Manchester areas.
Chris Felch, front desk associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Manchester, said the hotel was also sold out Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The Holiday Inn Express in Durham was booked up as well as others.
Many restaurants are also planning for a big weekend.
Goody Cole's Smokehouse in Brentwood is one place known for catering to the racing crowd.
Telly's Restaurant and Pizzeria in Epping is usually busy on a race weekend and is planning to be busier than normal this weekend.
Other restaurants were adding more workers in anticipation of big crowds.
"We're going to try to double our staff to get ready for it," said Khalad Sarid, manager at the Holy Grail Restaurant and Pub in Epping.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.