High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens
Practice for the second CHaD East-West All-Star Game will begin today at two locations: The East team will practice at Exeter High from 4:15 to 7:45 p.m.; and the West will hold its first workout at Manchester Memorial from 4:30 to 8:15 p.m. Practices are open to the public.
Players in the game are recently graduated seniors.
Each coach said the limited amount of preparation time is the biggest challenge in an all-star game.
Camirand said the wing-T and the straight-T will be two of the East’s four formations.
Bedford’s James Caparell and Keene’s Lucas Luopa are among the West quarterbacks.
“The strength of our roster are the skill kids,” Schubert said. “I think we only have 12 linemen on the team. We didn’t have a lot of linemen to choose from at the beginning, so whenever we’ve had to replace a kid I’ve tried to replace him with a lineman.”
A free youth clinic sponsored by the New England Patriots and the New England Patriots Alumni Club will be held at UNH’s Bremner Field (the UNH soccer field) on the morning of this year’s CHaD game. The non-contact clinic is open to boys and girls ages 10-14 of all skill levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans