High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens
Practice for the second CHaD East-West All-Star Game will begin today at two locations: The East team will practice at Exeter High from 4:15 to 7:45 p.m.; and the West will hold its first workout at Manchester Memorial from 4:30 to 8:15 p.m. Practices are open to the public.
Players in the game are recently graduated seniors.
Each coach said the limited amount of preparation time is the biggest challenge in an all-star game.
Camirand said the wing-T and the straight-T will be two of the East’s four formations.
Bedford’s James Caparell and Keene’s Lucas Luopa are among the West quarterbacks.
“The strength of our roster are the skill kids,” Schubert said. “I think we only have 12 linemen on the team. We didn’t have a lot of linemen to choose from at the beginning, so whenever we’ve had to replace a kid I’ve tried to replace him with a lineman.”
A free youth clinic sponsored by the New England Patriots and the New England Patriots Alumni Club will be held at UNH’s Bremner Field (the UNH soccer field) on the morning of this year’s CHaD game. The non-contact clinic is open to boys and girls ages 10-14 of all skill levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl