Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students
Originally, the program for gifted students was called GATE, for Guided Advanced Instruction to Exceptional Students, according to Serena Levine, the district’s director of supplemental services. That program then evolved into PACE, or the Program for Acceleration and Curriculum Enhancement.
The program is not strictly for gifted students, but also for high-achievers who might not be challenged by the standard classroom curriculum, particularly in math and language arts.
“The students are passionate about reading and writing,” said Levine. “They are ready as a group to tackle abstract concepts in literature together.”
Levine said there is a less formal approach to accelerated language arts at that level.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383