Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need
Once again this year, Southern New Hampshire Services and Rockingham Community Action are offering a summer food service program to Derry residents age 18 and under.
There is no preregistration required for the meals, which are provided without charge and are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Those locations are the Fairways Apartments on Forest Ridge Road from 4:15 to 5 p.m., Franklin Village on Laraway Court from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m., and Hood Park on Rollins Street from 6 to 6:30 p.m.
Anyone looking for additional information on the program can call 668-8010, ext. 6048, or visit www.snhs.org.
In addition to the free suppers, the Salvation Army will once again be offering free lunches for those 18 and under on Tuesdays at the Fairway Apartments from noon to 1 p.m. and on Thursdays at Hood Park from noon to 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out