Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need
Once again this year, Southern New Hampshire Services and Rockingham Community Action are offering a summer food service program to Derry residents age 18 and under.
There is no preregistration required for the meals, which are provided without charge and are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Those locations are the Fairways Apartments on Forest Ridge Road from 4:15 to 5 p.m., Franklin Village on Laraway Court from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m., and Hood Park on Rollins Street from 6 to 6:30 p.m.
Anyone looking for additional information on the program can call 668-8010, ext. 6048, or visit www.snhs.org.
In addition to the free suppers, the Salvation Army will once again be offering free lunches for those 18 and under on Tuesdays at the Fairway Apartments from noon to 1 p.m. and on Thursdays at Hood Park from noon to 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: How Obama has worsened inequality - 0
- Fergus Cullen: How an insured family, mine, ended up on the ACA exchange - 11
- John Stossel: The bogus war on women - 7
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents