Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death
The bodies of William P. and Eleanor M. Grant were discovered about 1 p.m. inside their 37 Newbury St. home by a visiting nurse who cared for Eleanor Grant, who suffered from a terminal illness, a neighbor said.
Late Monday night in a statement from Attorney General Joseph Foster and Nashua Police Chief John Seusing, the deaths were labeled suspicious.
"I don't know if they have been technically termed homicides at this point," Seusing said Monday night.
"I really liked him. I just think he was a really nice guy. I just feel bad," Blanchette said. Grant often stopped to talk during his daily walks around the neighborhood with his black-and-white Shi Tzu, Lily, she said.
"They were good, old-fashioned Catholic people," he added.
William Grant was a retired carpenter who still did occasional odd jobs for neighbors and friends. His wife was a homemaker and suffered from a serious illness, neighbors said. She rarely ventured out of the house except when her husband took her for trips in the car, mostly to see the doctor, neighbors said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 34
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424