Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault
Carlos Gonzalez III, 48, is facing 14 counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in the Salem case for an ongoing pattern of abuse that began when the girl was 11 years old, according to indictments.
He has been a Lawrence police officer since 1988, but was studying to become a lawyer at the time of his arrest. He remains on a paid administrative leave from his job.
A grand jury returned the indictments in the Salem case while meeting earlier this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The alleged activity continued up until May 15, 1994, according to indictments.
It’s unclear when he will be brought back to New Hampshire to face charges. If a jury convicts him in the New Hampshire case, he could face up to 10 to 20 years in state prison on each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness