Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault
Carlos Gonzalez III, 48, is facing 14 counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in the Salem case for an ongoing pattern of abuse that began when the girl was 11 years old, according to indictments.
He has been a Lawrence police officer since 1988, but was studying to become a lawyer at the time of his arrest. He remains on a paid administrative leave from his job.
A grand jury returned the indictments in the Salem case while meeting earlier this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The alleged activity continued up until May 15, 1994, according to indictments.
It’s unclear when he will be brought back to New Hampshire to face charges. If a jury convicts him in the New Hampshire case, he could face up to 10 to 20 years in state prison on each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 2
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 5
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 2
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917