Home » Sports » Basketball
Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title
Bonner, 33, is fourth in franchise history in three-point field goals made (553) and sixth in three-point field goal percentage.
Bonner has yet to make a significant contribution through the first five games of the series. He had no points in Game 1 in seven minutes, 17 seconds of action. In Game 2, in 7:43, he notched five points.
Bonner may have played his final home game with the “Big Three” intact as Sunday’s contest may have been the last home game for Ginobili, who is 36 years old and will become a free agent after this season.
In 1976 in the classic NBA series between heavily favored Boston and an underdog Phoenix team, the Celtics went into three overtimes with the Suns in Game 5 at the old Boston Garden. Boston center Dave Cowens and forward Paul Silas fouled out of the game and head coach Tommy Heinsohn summoned Glenn McDonald and Jimmy Ard off the bench.
Ard hit two free throws and, as it turned out, the Celtics won the game by a bucket (128-126) for a 3-2 series lead. They closed out the series in Phoenix in six games.
It could happen.
Tonight’s game figures to be physical and if the officials call it tight, key starters in the Spurs’ lineup could pile up enough fouls and end up watching the game on the bench.
Bonner has played in 63 total NBA playoff games with the Spurs and No. 64 would be a significant one for himself and the Spurs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 21
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released