Home » News » Public Safety
Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground
“We’re disturbed that this event happened,” he said.
The playground equipment is one of the more popular attractions at Livingston. A device suspends a tire horizontally about 4 feet from the ground. The device allows the tire to swing and rotate, while several children at a time can sit on the tire.
A boy of about 10 years old had an obvious bump on his head and an eye that was swollen shut, the couple said. He was taken away by ambulance.
On Monday morning, the shaft rested at the bottom of the metal arches that hold it up, and caution tape was around the entire piece of equipment. Capano said it will be removed in its entirety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Bruins shut out Wings
High School Volleyball results
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing