Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith
Increasing district bandwidth is a large part of the district’s revised three-year technology plan, according to IT Director Ray Larose.
Superintendent Laura Nelson said the district recently did a test of its system at its five elementary and two middle schools.
The West Running Brook and Gilbert H. Hood middle schools had a small percentage of the bandwidth needed for the effective administration of the tests, according to Nelson.
In other highlights of the technology plan, Larose said the district is looking to move some information from the servers within the district to cloud servers.
With Google Docs, Larose said students will have 24-hour-a-day access to projects and assignments.
Larose said Google turns off the advertising for educational accounts and does not mine the student data.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 3
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection