Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation'
"Go forth Class of 2013. Tell the world a promising generation is coming," said salutatorian Patrick Doolittle, who used his speech to rebut a recent Time magazine article that disparaged the millennial generation as lazy and narcissistic.
The event began under darkening skies, prompting guests to scurry into the arena before the storm hit. About 45 minutes into the ceremony, rain started to fall.
This year, Pinkerton graduates received a total of more than $9 million in scholarships.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383