Home » News » Public Safety
Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case
PLAISTOW – Danville Police Chief Wade Parsons has pleaded not guilty to a charge of negligent storage of firearms after he was accused of leaving a gun unsecured, later used by a teenager to commit suicide.
Parsons waived Monday’s arraignment in the 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division, and is due back in court for a pre-trial conference Aug. 8.
Defense attorney Alan Cronheim entered the not guilty plea on Parsons’ behalf in a court filing last week.
Parsons, 54, is accused of leaving his Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun unsecured on top of a safe inside his home at 53 Caramel Drive, Danville, March 11.
While Parsons was away, authorities said his girlfriend’s 15-year-old son, Jacob Carver, accessed the firearm and shot himself. Rockingham County Attorney James Reams has said the shooting was a suicide.
The charge is a violation punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and was brought after an investigation by New Hampshire State Police and a review by the County Attorney’s Office.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSU professor finds first mammoth tooth in NH - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 17
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride