Home » News » Politics » Gate City Musings
Gate City Musings: Editorial got it wrong
Is the mayor thinking of running for a third term? If so, she had best listen to her "friends" in City Hall and adjacent businesses who are questioning (behind her back of course) her decisions and actions over the past couple of months.
When it comes to explaining the huge raises for a few select department heads who toe the line, she gets an "A" for effort. When it comes to raises for those who don't, she gets an "F" for forgetting.
When it comes to adequately explaining the downtown street and sidewalks project, she gets a "C" for cunning. The program has been going on for too much time and it has cost downtown merchants thousands and thousands of dollars in lost sales.
However, when it comes to ribbon cuttings, attendance at forums on women's rights and Board of Education meetings instead of aldermanic meetings, she gets another "A" for attendance. But, when she chooses schools' business over important city business, she fails.
Moriarty, a fiscal conservative who knows figures, said recently that it took him "a couple of hours" to figure out the mayor's budget as to what items went up or down compared to last year. Don't we have a city CFO and a Citi-Stat staff, along with the mayor, who are capable of doing this?
Congratulations to the Class of 2013 at Nashua North and South, Bishop Guertin, Academy of Notre Dame, Adult Learning Center, Nashua Christian High School and all area high schools and colleges. You are the future of our great nation. Use your education to make our city, state and country the envy of the world.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 0
- George Will: In California, Goldwater 2.0 - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Will big business become the left's faithful lapdog? - 2
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 2
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 6
- Another View -- Stephen L. Carter: Why is the left going after profit? - 10
- Clifford D. May: Pinpointing the cause and effect in Gaza - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket