Home » News » Politics » Gate City Musings
Gate City Musings: Editorial got it wrong
Is the mayor thinking of running for a third term? If so, she had best listen to her "friends" in City Hall and adjacent businesses who are questioning (behind her back of course) her decisions and actions over the past couple of months.
When it comes to explaining the huge raises for a few select department heads who toe the line, she gets an "A" for effort. When it comes to raises for those who don't, she gets an "F" for forgetting.
When it comes to adequately explaining the downtown street and sidewalks project, she gets a "C" for cunning. The program has been going on for too much time and it has cost downtown merchants thousands and thousands of dollars in lost sales.
However, when it comes to ribbon cuttings, attendance at forums on women's rights and Board of Education meetings instead of aldermanic meetings, she gets another "A" for attendance. But, when she chooses schools' business over important city business, she fails.
Moriarty, a fiscal conservative who knows figures, said recently that it took him "a couple of hours" to figure out the mayor's budget as to what items went up or down compared to last year. Don't we have a city CFO and a Citi-Stat staff, along with the mayor, who are capable of doing this?
Congratulations to the Class of 2013 at Nashua North and South, Bishop Guertin, Academy of Notre Dame, Adult Learning Center, Nashua Christian High School and all area high schools and colleges. You are the future of our great nation. Use your education to make our city, state and country the envy of the world.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Football: Lawrence, Mass., tops Salem - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Manchester says streets will be clear for Fisher Cats Thanksgiving 5K - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection