Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man
Jury selection was expected to begin on Monday for Patrick Eschenbrenner, 51, who faces charges that he sexually assaulted a Raymond girl between 2002 and 2007. The abuse began when the girl was 7 years old, according to indictments.
An assessment by corrections staff prompted concerns that Eschenbrenner could attempt to harm himself or someone else while on trial.
The records also show a sealed document was filed after Wednesday's hearing.
Eschenbrenner faces six counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
He is already serving a 20- to 40-year prison sentence for a prior sexual assault conviction involving a young girl. A Rockingham County jury convicted him in that case in 2008.
But the state Supreme Court overturned that decision in February, returning Eschenbrenner to state prison.
While Eschenbrenner was freed on bail, a second victim came forward to investigators, leading to his indictment in the latest case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424