Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man
Jury selection was expected to begin on Monday for Patrick Eschenbrenner, 51, who faces charges that he sexually assaulted a Raymond girl between 2002 and 2007. The abuse began when the girl was 7 years old, according to indictments.
An assessment by corrections staff prompted concerns that Eschenbrenner could attempt to harm himself or someone else while on trial.
The records also show a sealed document was filed after Wednesday's hearing.
Eschenbrenner faces six counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
He is already serving a 20- to 40-year prison sentence for a prior sexual assault conviction involving a young girl. A Rockingham County jury convicted him in that case in 2008.
But the state Supreme Court overturned that decision in February, returning Eschenbrenner to state prison.
While Eschenbrenner was freed on bail, a second victim came forward to investigators, leading to his indictment in the latest case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief