Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man
Jury selection was expected to begin on Monday for Patrick Eschenbrenner, 51, who faces charges that he sexually assaulted a Raymond girl between 2002 and 2007. The abuse began when the girl was 7 years old, according to indictments.
An assessment by corrections staff prompted concerns that Eschenbrenner could attempt to harm himself or someone else while on trial.
The records also show a sealed document was filed after Wednesday's hearing.
Eschenbrenner faces six counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
He is already serving a 20- to 40-year prison sentence for a prior sexual assault conviction involving a young girl. A Rockingham County jury convicted him in that case in 2008.
But the state Supreme Court overturned that decision in February, returning Eschenbrenner to state prison.
While Eschenbrenner was freed on bail, a second victim came forward to investigators, leading to his indictment in the latest case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483