Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
MANCHESTER – A cab driver was set up for robbery early Saturday morning by two women and a man with scrap metal stacked in shopping carts, according to police.
The 56-year-old Manchester Taxi driver, Morel Georges, was dispatched at 1 a.m. to Merrimack and Maple streets for a fare. When he arrived, two women in their 20s and an Asian or Hispanic man, also in his 20s, were waiting, standing next to three shopping carts containing scrap metal.
They identified themselves as the cab's fares and started putting the metal into the trunk of the taxi. Suddenly, the man attacked the driver, hitting him in the face and knocking him to the ground. The robber grabbed the cash from the fares, which the driver had put in his shirt pocket, and then he and the women ran off, leaving behind the carts and the scrap metal.
The driver had some swelling and bleeding near his mouth, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424