Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
MANCHESTER – A cab driver was set up for robbery early Saturday morning by two women and a man with scrap metal stacked in shopping carts, according to police.
The 56-year-old Manchester Taxi driver, Morel Georges, was dispatched at 1 a.m. to Merrimack and Maple streets for a fare. When he arrived, two women in their 20s and an Asian or Hispanic man, also in his 20s, were waiting, standing next to three shopping carts containing scrap metal.
They identified themselves as the cab's fares and started putting the metal into the trunk of the taxi. Suddenly, the man attacked the driver, hitting him in the face and knocking him to the ground. The robber grabbed the cash from the fares, which the driver had put in his shirt pocket, and then he and the women ran off, leaving behind the carts and the scrap metal.
The driver had some swelling and bleeding near his mouth, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 7
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Ceremony honors Manchester's past - 0
- Manchester Cub Scout robotics team making plans for world championship - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917