Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
MANCHESTER – A cab driver was set up for robbery early Saturday morning by two women and a man with scrap metal stacked in shopping carts, according to police.
The 56-year-old Manchester Taxi driver, Morel Georges, was dispatched at 1 a.m. to Merrimack and Maple streets for a fare. When he arrived, two women in their 20s and an Asian or Hispanic man, also in his 20s, were waiting, standing next to three shopping carts containing scrap metal.
They identified themselves as the cab's fares and started putting the metal into the trunk of the taxi. Suddenly, the man attacked the driver, hitting him in the face and knocking him to the ground. The robber grabbed the cash from the fares, which the driver had put in his shirt pocket, and then he and the women ran off, leaving behind the carts and the scrap metal.
The driver had some swelling and bleeding near his mouth, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424