Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
MANCHESTER – A cab driver was set up for robbery early Saturday morning by two women and a man with scrap metal stacked in shopping carts, according to police.
The 56-year-old Manchester Taxi driver, Morel Georges, was dispatched at 1 a.m. to Merrimack and Maple streets for a fare. When he arrived, two women in their 20s and an Asian or Hispanic man, also in his 20s, were waiting, standing next to three shopping carts containing scrap metal.
They identified themselves as the cab's fares and started putting the metal into the trunk of the taxi. Suddenly, the man attacked the driver, hitting him in the face and knocking him to the ground. The robber grabbed the cash from the fares, which the driver had put in his shirt pocket, and then he and the women ran off, leaving behind the carts and the scrap metal.
The driver had some swelling and bleeding near his mouth, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 14
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424