Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester resident interrupts burglary
Police said Cynthia Acorace, 43, of 25 Varney St., went out for several hours, but when she arrived home she noticed a woman pushing a baby stroller standing near her apartment building and acting suspiciously.
Acorace pulled into the rear of her building, got out of the car and started up the rear staircase when a man came down the stairs, hopped onto a maroon 10-speed bike and quickly rode away. The woman with the stroller followed him.
As Acorace headed up the stairs, she found her laptop computer on the second-floor landing. She proceeded to her third-floor apartment where she found a window wide open and a small black zip wallet containing several cards missing from inside. The credit cards were immediately canceled.
The thief is described as a 5-foot-10 white man in his late 20s with a thin build. He wore a light-colored T-shirt and black sweatpants and was riding an older-model 10-speed bike.
The woman, who police said appeared to be acting as the lookout, is described as white with long black hair in a pony tail. She was pushing a stroller carrying a chubby-cheeked toddler.
Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917