Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Manchester resident interrupts burglary
Police said Cynthia Acorace, 43, of 25 Varney St., went out for several hours, but when she arrived home she noticed a woman pushing a baby stroller standing near her apartment building and acting suspiciously.
Acorace pulled into the rear of her building, got out of the car and started up the rear staircase when a man came down the stairs, hopped onto a maroon 10-speed bike and quickly rode away. The woman with the stroller followed him.
As Acorace headed up the stairs, she found her laptop computer on the second-floor landing. She proceeded to her third-floor apartment where she found a window wide open and a small black zip wallet containing several cards missing from inside. The credit cards were immediately canceled.
The thief is described as a 5-foot-10 white man in his late 20s with a thin build. He wore a light-colored T-shirt and black sweatpants and was riding an older-model 10-speed bike.
The woman, who police said appeared to be acting as the lookout, is described as white with long black hair in a pony tail. She was pushing a stroller carrying a chubby-cheeked toddler.
Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call police at 668-8711 or, to remain anonymous, Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- More than 110 NH doctors defrauded through filing of fake tax returns - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
- Mass. man indicted on kidnapping, sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
- AG asks court to bar Reams from office - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917