Scene in Manchester: First to email gets Fun Pass
I certainly want to help the mission, and will be purchasing my own Fun Pass. That means I have one to give away to the first reader who emails me after this column is printed.
One man's trash
I love yard sale season. It's the time of year to get rid of all the old junk in my house and fill it up with other people's old junk. My husband and I recently hauled a basement full of our old junk over to 934 Lake Shore Road to donate to the annual Amoskeag Community Volunteers yard sale. This two-day event is this weekend, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I finally had an opportunity to use some services at the Elliot at River's Edge, and I really liked the one-stop shopping. I was able to see a doctor, get X-rays, and blood work all in the same building. And since there is one computer system, the X-ray and lab technicians knew I was coming. I love technology.
The Manchester City Library is kicking off its summer reading program with an Ice Cream Social and Touch-a-Truck event this Saturday on the library's lawn and parking lot. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., children will be welcome to explore trucks from the Manchester Highway Department and enjoy ice cream provided by the Puritan Backroom. There will also be life-size checkers and Connect 4 games courtesy of the Giant Game Company.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 17
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child