Scene in Manchester: First to email gets Fun Pass
I certainly want to help the mission, and will be purchasing my own Fun Pass. That means I have one to give away to the first reader who emails me after this column is printed.
One man's trash
I love yard sale season. It's the time of year to get rid of all the old junk in my house and fill it up with other people's old junk. My husband and I recently hauled a basement full of our old junk over to 934 Lake Shore Road to donate to the annual Amoskeag Community Volunteers yard sale. This two-day event is this weekend, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I finally had an opportunity to use some services at the Elliot at River's Edge, and I really liked the one-stop shopping. I was able to see a doctor, get X-rays, and blood work all in the same building. And since there is one computer system, the X-ray and lab technicians knew I was coming. I love technology.
The Manchester City Library is kicking off its summer reading program with an Ice Cream Social and Touch-a-Truck event this Saturday on the library's lawn and parking lot. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., children will be welcome to explore trucks from the Manchester Highway Department and enjoy ice cream provided by the Puritan Backroom. There will also be life-size checkers and Connect 4 games courtesy of the Giant Game Company.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Farnum Center: Blight to bright - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Dressing for success (and to help save lives) - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Mom's outlook puts everything in perspective - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Tech lovers can't give these glasses a pass - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Boutiques transform a city block - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Fall brings brisk lineup of great fundraising events - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 18
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Wildcats defeat Maine to advance
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize