Scene in Manchester: First to email gets Fun Pass
I certainly want to help the mission, and will be purchasing my own Fun Pass. That means I have one to give away to the first reader who emails me after this column is printed.
One man's trash
I love yard sale season. It's the time of year to get rid of all the old junk in my house and fill it up with other people's old junk. My husband and I recently hauled a basement full of our old junk over to 934 Lake Shore Road to donate to the annual Amoskeag Community Volunteers yard sale. This two-day event is this weekend, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I finally had an opportunity to use some services at the Elliot at River's Edge, and I really liked the one-stop shopping. I was able to see a doctor, get X-rays, and blood work all in the same building. And since there is one computer system, the X-ray and lab technicians knew I was coming. I love technology.
The Manchester City Library is kicking off its summer reading program with an Ice Cream Social and Touch-a-Truck event this Saturday on the library's lawn and parking lot. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., children will be welcome to explore trucks from the Manchester Highway Department and enjoy ice cream provided by the Puritan Backroom. There will also be life-size checkers and Connect 4 games courtesy of the Giant Game Company.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax