Scene in Manchester: First to email gets Fun Pass
I certainly want to help the mission, and will be purchasing my own Fun Pass. That means I have one to give away to the first reader who emails me after this column is printed.
One man's trash
I love yard sale season. It's the time of year to get rid of all the old junk in my house and fill it up with other people's old junk. My husband and I recently hauled a basement full of our old junk over to 934 Lake Shore Road to donate to the annual Amoskeag Community Volunteers yard sale. This two-day event is this weekend, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I finally had an opportunity to use some services at the Elliot at River's Edge, and I really liked the one-stop shopping. I was able to see a doctor, get X-rays, and blood work all in the same building. And since there is one computer system, the X-ray and lab technicians knew I was coming. I love technology.
The Manchester City Library is kicking off its summer reading program with an Ice Cream Social and Touch-a-Truck event this Saturday on the library's lawn and parking lot. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., children will be welcome to explore trucks from the Manchester Highway Department and enjoy ice cream provided by the Puritan Backroom. There will also be life-size checkers and Connect 4 games courtesy of the Giant Game Company.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 10
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans