Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, one charged in ATV accident
At 8:47 p.m. Saturday, state police from Troop C were dispatched to 90 Vilas Road on a report of an ATV accident with injuries. Alstead fire and Diluzio ambulance personnel responded as well.
Police say Matthew Nunes, 27, of Springfield, Vt., was driving a side-by-side Polaris ATV in a field near the residence at 90 Vilas Road, with one passenger, identified as Jeffrey Messer, 29, also of Springfield, Vt. While the pair were traveling on a hill, police say the ATV rolled and Messer was ejected, sustaining serious injuries. He was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, and listed Sunday evening in serious condition.
Nunes was arrested and charged with off-highway recreational vehicle-related aggravated driving while intoxicated.
The crash is still under investigation, and police ask anyone with information to contact Trooper Thomas Byrne of Troop C in Keene at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison