Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, one charged in ATV accident
At 8:47 p.m. Saturday, state police from Troop C were dispatched to 90 Vilas Road on a report of an ATV accident with injuries. Alstead fire and Diluzio ambulance personnel responded as well.
Police say Matthew Nunes, 27, of Springfield, Vt., was driving a side-by-side Polaris ATV in a field near the residence at 90 Vilas Road, with one passenger, identified as Jeffrey Messer, 29, also of Springfield, Vt. While the pair were traveling on a hill, police say the ATV rolled and Messer was ejected, sustaining serious injuries. He was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, and listed Sunday evening in serious condition.
Nunes was arrested and charged with off-highway recreational vehicle-related aggravated driving while intoxicated.
The crash is still under investigation, and police ask anyone with information to contact Trooper Thomas Byrne of Troop C in Keene at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 1
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 6
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 6
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072