Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, one charged in ATV accident
At 8:47 p.m. Saturday, state police from Troop C were dispatched to 90 Vilas Road on a report of an ATV accident with injuries. Alstead fire and Diluzio ambulance personnel responded as well.
Police say Matthew Nunes, 27, of Springfield, Vt., was driving a side-by-side Polaris ATV in a field near the residence at 90 Vilas Road, with one passenger, identified as Jeffrey Messer, 29, also of Springfield, Vt. While the pair were traveling on a hill, police say the ATV rolled and Messer was ejected, sustaining serious injuries. He was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, and listed Sunday evening in serious condition.
Nunes was arrested and charged with off-highway recreational vehicle-related aggravated driving while intoxicated.
The crash is still under investigation, and police ask anyone with information to contact Trooper Thomas Byrne of Troop C in Keene at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 3
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 2
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
20140728-Dover patient shocked by $3,766 Wentworth-Douglass charged insurer for tube of cold sore cream
Cabrera, Blue Jays trounce fading Red Sox