Home » News » Public Safety
One hurt, one charged in ATV accident
At 8:47 p.m. Saturday, state police from Troop C were dispatched to 90 Vilas Road on a report of an ATV accident with injuries. Alstead fire and Diluzio ambulance personnel responded as well.
Police say Matthew Nunes, 27, of Springfield, Vt., was driving a side-by-side Polaris ATV in a field near the residence at 90 Vilas Road, with one passenger, identified as Jeffrey Messer, 29, also of Springfield, Vt. While the pair were traveling on a hill, police say the ATV rolled and Messer was ejected, sustaining serious injuries. He was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, and listed Sunday evening in serious condition.
Nunes was arrested and charged with off-highway recreational vehicle-related aggravated driving while intoxicated.
The crash is still under investigation, and police ask anyone with information to contact Trooper Thomas Byrne of Troop C in Keene at 358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'