Student remembered by Pelham High's Class of 2013
Jessica Audy and Briana Noel were among the 130 graduates receiving diplomas last night from Pelham High School. ((DARRELL HALEN / photo))
Balloons, flowers and a teddy bear were placed on an empty chair in the front row to honor the memory of Duffy, who died in October 2009, during his freshman year, after a long battle with brain cancer.
She also praised the class for devoting more than 9,700 hours of community service. Twenty-five students had contributed more than 100 hours, and one class member, Brandon Hannon, gave more than 500 hours, Mohr said.
Noting that the group is graduating in 2013, Ashley Cloutier, class president, shared 13 life lessons with fellow graduates. One of those lessons, she said, is to never forget where you come from.
Class essayist Alex Newton thanked teachers, coaches and parents for their support. Students are well-prepared for the future, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles