Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon
The 57th decathlon for boys is the oldest high school decathlon in the country. For the girls in the heptathlon it will be the 37th state championship.
The unusual wrinkle this weekend is that six sets of twins will be participating.
Not only are there six sets of twins, but they come from just three different schools.
All told, Paling said that 167 athletes will be participating, representing 27 schools on the girls' side and 26 on the boys'.
Athletes to watch on the decathlon side include Stevens of Claremont's Ramario Bailey, who finished seventh last year, and Nashua North's Bill Goulding.
On the heptathlon side, the Athanasopoulos twins are solid contenders after finishing second (Jenna) and third (Michaela) as juniors last year.
There will be no repeat winners as decathlon champion Chris Bohi of Merrimack Valley of Penacook and heptathlon champion Hillary Holmes of Exeter were both seniors last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 2
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options