Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Stanley Cup Final: Series even, 1-1
Bruins draw even with win in another OT thriller
Boston Bruins left wing Daniel Paille (20) celebrates after scoring the game-winning goal against the Chicago Blackhawks during overtime in game two of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. (Rob Grabowski-USA TODAY Sports)
Game 3 is Monday in Boston.
The Blackhawks had their six-game home winning streak snapped and the Bruins improved to 6-3 on the road.
It was the third straight OT game for the Blackhawks, who beat Los Angeles 4-3 in Game 5 of the Western Conference finals before a draining 4-3, three-overtime victory over Boston in Game 1 on Wednesday night.
Chicago missed its best chance to end it about seven minutes into the extra session when a blast from Patrick Sharp sailed just high of the net over Boston goalie Tuukka Rask's glove.
A scoreless third period provided few chances on either side. Crawford, who had 18 saves through regulation, stopped a charging Brad Marchand early in the period.
Neither team was able to take advantage of power plays. The Bruins killed off all three Chicago chances, remaining perfect on their past 22 consecutive penalties.
The Blackhawks did everything right in the first period and got on the scoreboard first.
Sharp scored from inside the right faceoff circle after a scramble in front of the Bruins goal. With Rask down in the crease, Sharp lifted a high shot into the net at 11:22 for his ninth goal of the playoffs.
The Bruins were outshot 19-4 in the first period but almost scored about nine minutes in. However, a Jaromir Jagr shot from the slot was gloved by Crawford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released