Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Stanley Cup Final: Series even, 1-1
Bruins draw even with win in another OT thriller
Boston Bruins left wing Daniel Paille (20) celebrates after scoring the game-winning goal against the Chicago Blackhawks during overtime in game two of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. (Rob Grabowski-USA TODAY Sports)
Game 3 is Monday in Boston.
The Blackhawks had their six-game home winning streak snapped and the Bruins improved to 6-3 on the road.
It was the third straight OT game for the Blackhawks, who beat Los Angeles 4-3 in Game 5 of the Western Conference finals before a draining 4-3, three-overtime victory over Boston in Game 1 on Wednesday night.
Chicago missed its best chance to end it about seven minutes into the extra session when a blast from Patrick Sharp sailed just high of the net over Boston goalie Tuukka Rask's glove.
A scoreless third period provided few chances on either side. Crawford, who had 18 saves through regulation, stopped a charging Brad Marchand early in the period.
Neither team was able to take advantage of power plays. The Bruins killed off all three Chicago chances, remaining perfect on their past 22 consecutive penalties.
The Blackhawks did everything right in the first period and got on the scoreboard first.
Sharp scored from inside the right faceoff circle after a scramble in front of the Bruins goal. With Rask down in the crease, Sharp lifted a high shot into the net at 11:22 for his ninth goal of the playoffs.
The Bruins were outshot 19-4 in the first period but almost scored about nine minutes in. However, a Jaromir Jagr shot from the slot was gloved by Crawford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list