Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Toddler pronounced dead after homicide in Somersworth Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. Friday to 231 High St. after a 911 call placed from Apt. 2 reporting a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported Noah York, 2, to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, Jared Pope, 30, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
While no further details were provided, an autopsy is scheduled for York today, according to officials. Somersworth police have referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter, but no new information is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424